Interviewing is a crucial element of the enrollment procedure at The Kubert School. During this time the student’s portfolio will be critiqued and students will undergo questioning of his/her goals, experiences and work ethic, which then will determine the acceptance or rejection to The Kubert School.
Preparing for your interview with The Kubert School.
Interviews will be administered in person or via phone for applicants who cannot make it to the school due to distance. See Portfolio Requirements page for more information.
Below are some of the questions that may be discussed during the course of your interview. Please consider your responses carefully, since this procedure will determine your acceptance or rejection.
1. Why did you apply to The Kubert School?
2. What do you know about The Kubert School?
3. Have you investigated any other schools besides The Kubert School?
Have you applied to these other institutions? Please tell us something
about these investigations.
4. When did you first start to draw?
5. When did you first make the conscious decision to become a cartoonist
or commercial artist as a career?
6. Why cartooning?
7. How do you feel about criticism? How do you feel about rejection?
8. How does your family feel about your decision to become a cartoonist or
9. How many hours a day do you currently spend on practicing your art?
10. Tell us something about your prior artistic training.
11. What were your general school grades before you applied to The
12. Have you had any particular influences on your artwork?
13. Have you ever done any commissioned artwork? Please tell us about