The Kubert School Career Services offers students help in planning for their future. Students Can get help with career placement, resume and cover letter writing, interviewing skills, job researching, etc.
- Application and Enrollment Procedures
- 1. This application is to be submitted with a $50.00 non-refundable application fee, thereby initiating the admissions process.
- 2. Please complete this interview form and follow all instructions concerning your portfolio.
- 3. An official high school transcript is required. In addition, if other schools have been attended, transcripts are required and should be sent to The Joe Kubert School of Cartoon & Graphic Art, Inc., 37 Myrtle Avenue, Dover, NJ 07801.
- A personal interview is scheduled with the applicant at a mutually convenient time.
- 4. Upon notification of acceptance, the applicant will be required to send:
a. The completed enrollment agreement;
b. The registration fee of $100; and
c. A recent photograph (1" x 1 1/2"), face only.
- The registration fee is applicable towards tuition, and is non-refundable except as provided in the Refund Policy. If registration is not completed by the specified date, the applicant cannot be assured a place in class.
- Telephone or Personal Interviews
- Personal: Interviews are scheduled at The Joe Kubert School of Cartoon and Graphic Art, Inc., 37 Myrtle Ave., Dover, NJ. Interviews are approximately 1 hour in length, conducted from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Personal interviews are preferred, unless an applicant resides beyond a 100-mile radius of the school.
- An intervew and a portfolio submission are required for acceptance into The Joe Kubert School of Cartoon and Graphic Art. Upon receipt of the application and application fee, the school will notify the applicant of the scheduled interview date and time. Efforts will be made to schedule a mutually convenient date.
- Telephone: A telephone interview may be held with an applicant whose distance makes it difficult to appear personally. In this case, the portfolio must be received by the school prior to the telephone interview. The telephone call will be initiated by the applicant. Although reasonable care will be exercised by the school, the school is not responsible for loss or damage to the portfolio. The portfolio will be returned C.O.D. An applicant's portfolio should include a variety of the most recent work, finished or unfinished, not limited to any particular style or use of materials. Some past work should also be included. A minimum of 15 pieces of artwork is required for a portfolio submission. Sizes of the pieces must be restricted to a maximum of 11" x 17".
- Upon completion of the initial interview, a follow-up procedure will be scheduled with the School Admissions Department. This is the final segment of the interview process.
- You (the applicant) are required to respond to the questions below. Please do so in a document and attach to this form when you send this application or in the online form to the right. No less than 50 words.
- 1. What benefits do you seek as a result of attending The Joe Kubert School of Cartoon and Graphic Art?
- 2. What kind of position do you hope to attain as a professional and what is your final goal?
- This application is to be submitted with a $50.00 non-refundable application fee, thereby initiating the admissions process.
- To apply online, please make payment first and make sure to include the payment receipt number on the online form or it will not be submitted.
Preparing your future
Once notified of acceptance, the student will receive an enrollment agreement, housing agreement, and financial aid information. A $100 registration fee is required to confirm the intention to attend the school and to reserve a place in the entering class.